With Ni Nyampingas from Gatsibo district, we set out on an excursion to Warufu river...
Do you have a favourite place? What’s the appeal? Is it the landscape, or something else special? Maybe it’s important to you because you enjoy spending beautiful moments with your friends there? With Ni Nyampingas from Gatsibo district, we set out on an excursion to Warufu river, where they hang out and enjoy the breeze. We also visited Ni Nyampingas in Nyamagabe district, who led us to their paradise: huge cliffs that make them happy when they sit on top after collecting wood.
DO YOU ALSO HAVE A FAVOURITE PLACE YOU LIKE TO VISIT?
Here are some tips to ensure your paradise is safe for you and your friends:
- Make sure your favourite spot is close to home. When visiting, plan to reach there early enough so that you can return before it gets dark. Ideally, it should be 10 to 15 minutes walk from home.
- Always tell an adult when you’re planning to go there - even if you only plan to spend some time there on your way to and from doing chores
- Never go to your favourite place alone, especially if it’s hard for others to see. It’s always best to go with friends.
- Only go during the day, and the path leading there should be away from bars or any dangerous places.
- If the path to your favourite place passes through a forest, ask a trusted adult if there are any wild animals living there, and make sure the forest isn't too large so you won’t get lost.
Share your feedback